Friday, July 10, 2015

Reich

Arnold Schwarzenegger's 6 rules to success...



When thinking about someone who is a Triumphant Individual I couldn't help but think of the Arnold. This man from Austria came from a family of nothing. His mother and father were very poor and he came from nothing. He moved to the United States and won the Mr. Universe at 20 years old. After he went on to win the biggest bodybuilding title of the Olympia a total of 7 times. When he retired from bodybuilding he became of the the highest payed actors the world has ever seen. All because of his funny accent that everyone told him was stupid. He then married into our countries most powerful families the Kennedy family for a short time. Became to governor of California and continues to be an inspiration for people all over the world. This is the meaning of the Triumphant individual. In the video Arnold lays out six rules to live by when trying to make your way to the top.

The video also plays on many people emotions I believe because, we all have those moments in our life's that maybe we wish we had taken advantage of. The reason so many people look up to someone like Arnold is because so many of us don't trust ourselves enough to take a shot on ourselves. We look up to people like this because they took the risk on themselves and it worked out. Deep down we all wish we had it in us to take that shot.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching this video, and I thought it was the perfect pick for this assignment. I loved the last part when he talked about giving back. I think that was very powerful and absolutly contributed to the emotion of the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have been thinking the same thing! I also used a body builder for the triumphant individual. Of course no where close to the success as the great Arnold, but I really love the point that is made about the key to success is being a maverick not being afraid to fail. That mixed together with the images of hard work and training makes for an emotionally motivating presentation. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people tend to underestimate the mentality of a body builder. The work that they put themselves through mentally and physically is exhausting in itself. Why I feel it fits the Triumphant Individual is because it is a constant battle between you and you. nobody is involved so you constantly have to find that drive and motivation to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was until I started hanging out with people who are into body-building that I learned a lot of people admire Arnold and I had no idea why! Thanks to this post I finally know why. Emotional I was affected from this post and see why you used this video, great choice in video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite motivational speeches, and by Arnold no less. As someone who knows what it takes to be triumphant he is the perfect person to speak on the matter. My favorite part is when he says that someone is out there training harder than you. It reminds me of my drill sergeant telling us if any of us ever quit that the Taliban weren't quitting and they were training harder than us. It gave us the drive to keep going. Arnold's rise to the top was impressive and so was your analysis of the material. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute. You say on your post about Hilary Clinton, "However, she is too powerful, wealthy, and public to have anything happen to her. She, and people like her are what is wrong with our country. Getting away with things is an art to them that can easily be mastered in the eye of the public," and yet the same has been said about Arnold. So, I'm confused here, and not just because I'm a liberal. Why does he get a pass from you? It couldn't be because he's Arnold, no less. Right?

      Delete